Author Topic: Kawasaki ER6F dan ER6N Version 11  (Read 26235 times)

Offline ad_ek

• Lesen P
  • Speed Junkie
Re: Kawasaki ER6F dan ER6N Version 11
« Reply #360 on: August 08, 2011, 03:33:48 pm »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
OK, used it before to adjust the absorber since factory setting is only for those with not enough meat & fat (65kg) hehehehehehe... those with rossi or lorenzo physics...

adjusted the absorber to position 6, the bike feels so much better during cornering now... and on straight roads it doesnt feel too stiff or anything...so far so good... thanks bro and bro jame ..

now im just trying to figure out where i can sort out my seat issue... its too uncomfortable.. my ass hurts.

another thing, any of you guys face the same problem where the ER6 fuel tank can never be FULL? ill pump till cant pump anymore... and always make sure the bike is straight... ill pump slowly.. i tried everything, yet the tank can never be full....the last bar will only be full if the bike is leaning on the stand. this is only started recently

Offline adlc99

• Baru Daftar
« Reply #361 on: August 08, 2011, 05:25:29 pm »
Tumpang tanye skit otai2 sekalian..

semalam dah pegi tgk er6f ni kat kedai n siap naik dah. Tapi mcm xberkenan sangat ngn handle style sebab agak tinggi.
Kalau modify handle style bagi rendah ala2 supersport boleh dibuat ke?

Offline ShamZX11

• Lesen B1
  • Life begins at 280km/h
    • 01SAMFIBER
« Reply #362 on: August 08, 2011, 06:20:15 pm »
Ada dah. Saya dah buat handle clip on khas utk Er6f.
No h/p dah tukar kepada 01SAMFIBER = 0172634237.
IF SPEED KILLS, I'M A DEAD MAN.

Lawati blog saya di You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Jame

• Lesen P
  • RSSR - Ride safe, safe ride
    • TнеSιɢнBояеɗ
« Reply #363 on: August 08, 2011, 07:13:22 pm »
adjusted the absorber to position 6, the bike feels so much better during cornering now... and on straight roads it doesnt feel too stiff or anything...so far so good... thanks bro and bro jame ..

now im just trying to figure out where i can sort out my seat issue... its too uncomfortable.. my ass hurts.

another thing, any of you guys face the same problem where the ER6 fuel tank can never be FULL? ill pump till cant pump anymore... and always make sure the bike is straight... ill pump slowly.. i tried everything, yet the tank can never be full....the last bar will only be full if the bike is leaning on the stand. this is only started recently
You're welcome.

What fuel are you using? Don't use Petronas Ron95.. Umm basically don't use Petronas fuel for your bike. I came across the same problem with my gauge, I thought it was faulty or damaged when the mechanic took off my tank to change my air filter. When they check the gauge it looked fine, no problem with it. I was pissed with the gauge thing, went to fill Shell Ron97, and the problem was gone. Now I use either Caltex or Esso Ron 95 no problems since then.

I guess maybe Petrnas fuel is not clean, or the other fuels have additives that keep the gauge clean. It's a mystery to me but you can try switching to these brands fuel and go for R97 first for maybe a couple of tanks see if it sorts out your issue. Hope it works for you as it did for me.

Offline zali168

• Baru Daftar
« Reply #364 on: August 09, 2011, 12:37:20 am »
You're welcome.

What fuel are you using? Don't use Petronas Ron95.. Umm basically don't use Petronas fuel for your bike. I came across the same problem with my gauge, I thought it was faulty or damaged when the mechanic took off my tank to change my air filter. When they check the gauge it looked fine, no problem with it. I was pissed with the gauge thing, went to fill Shell Ron97, and the problem was gone. Now I use either Caltex or Esso Ron 95 no problems since then.

I guess maybe Petrnas fuel is not clean, or the other fuels have additives that keep the gauge clean. It's a mystery to me but you can try switching to these brands fuel and go for R97 first for maybe a couple of tanks see if it sorts out your issue. Hope it works for you as it did for me.

IMO, I dont think fuel is the cause of the problem... sometime the gauge got stuck coz it went too low in the tank... It is not a good practice to fill up when the tank at very low, not even in cars. It exposed the gauge to vapor and oxidized the system... Before it start blinking, fill up your tank... I'm using Petronas since I got the bike, already clock almost 5K with 25 fill ups, with no problem, knockwood (touchwood to pervert ;) )... 2 reasons i'm using Petronas, got the Mesra card, better mileage compared to Esso and Shell... Esso is better than Shell... Shell is good only if you ride at 90km/h that's why you will get 1L extra per full car tank (dont think we'll get 1L with our bike)... Caltex is good fuel but no loyalty card and the stations are too far from my normal route...
As for the gauge always never to go to max, I think the problem is with the sensor... why dont you go to Kawa HQ so that they could diagnose the meter panel... They should be able to do it coz the system is digital and everything is computerized... I'll be very surprised if they cant do it but i dont know whether they could... If it is still under warranty, it is a good reason to get a new one...
If you find the solution, let's know what you did... For me, it is more important to know when the tank is getting empty coz you can always see the level when it is full but not when it is getting empty... The most important thing with the gauge is, can you trust the reading?
Off topic a bit, when the light start blinking, I know that there are about 3L more in the tank (estimated about 60km @ 110km/h still in the tank)... But I dont dare try my luck... FYI, tank size is 15.5L...

Offline sweeseng85

• Lesen L
« Reply #365 on: August 09, 2011, 01:33:12 am »
niceee  bro ... hehehe will be on the look out for ur ride.. what else you planning to get?

im contemplating on what acc i need to get for the bike... planning to get CRG arrow bar end mirror, sliders, tyre valves(hard to pump air in petrol station)... the ohlin shock absorber looks very tempting...

performance wise...currently no plan...

the next i wanna be do is the radiator cover..., frame slider and the head lamp protector ...
cos this bike i everyday using in out singapore .....above few item no cheap agak agak nearly 1k lol .

Offline ad_ek

• Lesen P
  • Speed Junkie
« Reply #366 on: August 09, 2011, 02:16:11 pm »
You're welcome.

from the day i purchased the bike i used esso 97... but this problem 1st started a few days ago when i pumped shell 97. eversince then any petrol i pump whether esso or shell 97 it never reflects as full. its seriously pissing me off. cause of that i feel so unsure bout how much petrol i actually have.

bro zali this happen when i pumped petrol when i still had 3 bars at shell... and i dont practice running on E.

haihs ... i even tried pumping petrol super super slow..still wont be full...

bro sweeseng,

same here la.. i wanna put slider and few other things seriously no $$... i also daily in and out SG... :)

Offline zali168

• Baru Daftar
« Reply #367 on: August 09, 2011, 04:43:24 pm »
from the day i purchased the bike i used esso 97... but this problem 1st started a few days ago when i pumped shell 97. eversince then any petrol i pump whether esso or shell 97 it never reflects as full. its seriously pissing me off. cause of that i feel so unsure bout how much petrol i actually have.

bro zali this happen when i pumped petrol when i still had 3 bars at shell... and i dont practice running on E.

haihs ... i even tried pumping petrol super super slow..still wont be full...

bro sweeseng,

same here la.. i wanna put slider and few other things seriously no $$... i also daily in and out SG... :)

since you normally fill up at 3 bars, why dont you try a few things before going to sc? use the fuel til blinking but straight go to pump station to top up til full... dont pump too slow, let it auto fill at single click, when it auto stop, pump slowly till full... may be a little bit of turbulence might release whatever interfering the gauge... may be doing something out of routine might do the trick... otherwise, kawa sc is the best bet to solve it... could not offer more than this, good luck... let us know when u fix it...
i know how it feels to ride without knowing how much fuel left in the tank  :-[ :-\ :embarassed:

Offline ad_ek

• Lesen P
  • Speed Junkie
« Reply #368 on: August 09, 2011, 07:27:03 pm »
thanks bro zali,

will try that out... u might be right... try riding at E and pump quickly till full.. see how that goes... will update you guys... going to the sc is my last last last resort...

Offline Jame

• Lesen P
  • RSSR - Ride safe, safe ride
    • TнеSιɢнBояеɗ
« Reply #369 on: August 10, 2011, 02:28:09 am »
FYI, I always fill up when there's 1 bar left, I do not wait till the "fuel" warning lights up, so there's definitely no issue with fuel levels being too low. I noticed the problem happened right after the mechanic took off the tank to change out the air filter. Naturally I thought the mechanic messed up something when remove/install the tank causing me to have this problem, that's why i brought it back to the shop and they opened up the tank, took the sensor out, plugged it to the bike (without tank) and tested moving the float up and down. The readings on the meter where all fine when they did that, that's why they could not see any issue with the fuel float sensor. One fuel float sensor costs RM4xx. *sensored* no I'm going to replace that just cause it doesn't display the "F" mark when the tank is full. As mentioned, my problem was solved on it's own when I switched fuel, that's why I feel it's the fuel, because there was no other change done apart from that. I could be wrong, but since it worked for me, so that's my view on it.

You should use the trip meter to cross-reference to your fuel levels, each fuel bar should roughly translates to about 50km of travel, so you won't be caught unawares that you are running low on fuel. This is based on normal riding conditions. If you ride hard/throttle happy, get stuck in a lot of traffic/stops or leave the bike running idle often that would of course lower your fuel consumption and mileage.

Offline ad_ek

• Lesen P
  • Speed Junkie
« Reply #370 on: August 10, 2011, 08:23:30 am »
bro jame,

for my case definitely not fuel related... and my bike displays the full mark if i lean the bike... and i too am too lazy to resolve this by opening up my tank etc... i suspect urs was fixed when they moved the float up and down...

i think, the reason this happened  on my bike is when i was filling up..i put the nozzle in too deep and used full pressure to fill up...so it could have distorted or somehow affected the float.. this is the only thing i can think of... i might try doing what ur guys did and see how that goes.

the funny thing is, a lot of this complaints are mostly in U.S forums....i tried searching all over our local forums...and nothing...

i currently use my trip meter to estimate how much km i have left... will update you guys. thanks.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:22:59 am by ad_ek »

Offline kluang_man

• Baru Daftar
  • up up and away............
« Reply #371 on: August 10, 2011, 10:38:52 am »
masalah penunjuk meter minyak yang terakhir xmenyala apabila isi penuh terjadi kat aku gak.xtau naper tp yang penting kalo aku isi rm20 ringgit ron95 shell aku dapat millage lebih kurang 210-220 dengan kelajuan 120-130km/j.jadi kalo aku isi penuh sampai bibir penutup tank lebih kurang 4bar meter minyak akan hilang bile dah 210-220 termasuk meter minyak terakhir yang rosak tu...... ;D ;D ;D

Offline ShamZX11

• Lesen B1
  • Life begins at 280km/h
    • 01SAMFIBER
« Reply #372 on: August 10, 2011, 11:59:24 am »
Alignment Gage petrol tu tinggi sangat kot. Motor aku pun takat full tu kejap jer, dalam 10km hilang 1 bar.

Offline zali168

• Baru Daftar
« Reply #373 on: August 10, 2011, 12:16:09 pm »
Alignment Gage petrol tu tinggi sangat kot. Motor aku pun takat full tu kejap jer, dalam 10km hilang 1 bar.

dekek bonar tu... den nyo dr senawang sampai jln tun razak baru ilang 1st bar... den isik minyak ponuh sampai cocah kek bibir...

masalah penunjuk meter minyak yang terakhir xmenyala apabila isi penuh terjadi kat aku gak.xtau naper tp yang penting kalo aku isi rm20 ringgit ron95 shell aku dapat millage lebih kurang 210-220 dengan kelajuan 120-130km/j.jadi kalo aku isi penuh sampai bibir penutup tank lebih kurang 4bar meter minyak akan hilang bile dah 210-220 termasuk meter minyak terakhir yang rosak tu...... ;D ;D ;D

kiro bar yg last tu lomeh la kalau kau isik ponuh  ;D kok macam tu OK laie, tak payah nak pikir bonar pasal bar ateh tu, tak ponting sangat, jauh laie boleh jln tu... den risau meter tu gilo yo... tunjuk ado 2 bar, sebonar eh dah nak koring... mampuih nak nolak moto tu...

Offline ShamZX11

• Lesen B1
  • Life begins at 280km/h
    • 01SAMFIBER
« Reply #374 on: August 10, 2011, 12:36:48 pm »
dekek bonar tu... den nyo dr senawang sampai jln tun razak baru ilang 1st bar... den isik minyak ponuh sampai cocah kek bibir...

Ada la jugak full bar dari yg takde  ;D

Aku isi tak sampai bibir. Geli la kalau kena bibir  ;D ;D ;D

Offline zali168

• Baru Daftar
« Reply #375 on: August 10, 2011, 01:02:08 pm »
Ada la jugak full bar dari yg takde  ;D

Aku isi tak sampai bibir. Geli la kalau kena bibir  ;D ;D ;D

konon!?!?!?!? sonyum sampai telingo...  :angel:

Offline ad_ek

• Lesen P
  • Speed Junkie
« Reply #376 on: August 10, 2011, 01:43:01 pm »
ramai jugak kena problem samer ni..

haihs....so far jame only recovered...the rest seems to live with it... hope i can find a solution. last resort open the damn tank.

you guys normally use ron95 for the bike ah? i know there have been some mixed reviews/comments bout this...esp bout performance etc...

my main concern is engine wear and tear when it comes to combustion. cause the knocking/pinging you guys experience will cause more wear and tear in the cylinder due from more heat generated esp with our hot weather...to top it all off.. the compression ratio for ER6 is 11.3:1 ... thats pretty high alr...if the tuning is a little bit rich maybe ok ...but we will never know for sure unless you have o2 wideband right? any bro's can share if you know for sure that 95 is really ok for our engine in the long run?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:37:51 pm by ad_ek »

Offline zali168

• Baru Daftar
« Reply #377 on: August 10, 2011, 08:03:46 pm »
the moto can run with RON91 (manual page 35)... you'll get improve mileage and performance by using RON97 but RM0.90/L difference just too much... RON95 should not be much different from RON97 since both are above RON91 and the ecu could adjust accordingly... we can use it occasionally but for everyday ride, the mileage gain dont justify the price difference... just my opinion...

selamat...

Offline calvingmail

• Licensed Seller
« Reply #378 on: August 10, 2011, 09:54:11 pm »
I wonder whether the  price of the bikes would drop or not ? 15K 650n's in 5 years ? ;D
calvinresides(at)gmail.com -Selling :
<a You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login">Leather Boots (RM150) and Suits (Rm2200)</a>
Forma shoes- PM me
Riding - FZ 150i (Old version)

Offline ad_ek

• Lesen P
  • Speed Junkie
« Reply #379 on: August 11, 2011, 09:03:44 am »
the moto can run with RON91 (manual page 35)... you'll get improve mileage and performance by using RON97 but RM0.90/L difference just too much... RON95 should not be much different from RON97 since both are above RON91 and the ecu could adjust accordingly... we can use it occasionally but for everyday ride, the mileage gain dont justify the price difference... just my opinion...

selamat...

hmmm i understand how u feel bro.. im more worried bout the engine rather than mileage.. cause i look at it this way...the difference for every full tank assuming u pump 13L on average the difference is rm11.70+- per tank... but lets say on 97 im getting around 250-260km before E warning comes on and on 95 lets say 210-220.. the rm11 not justifiable for 40+-km... but if it actually gives a heathier and longer lasting engine i feel should be ok...performance just a bonus. but the problem is, i dont know for sure the effects of ron95 on the engine in the long run... thats why trying to ask for opinions and doing research..if assuming there shall be very minimul effect on the engine i will most likely go for 95..