Author Topic: Whether Big Bike prices will come down soon ??? And Why Why Why ???  (Read 18929 times)

Offline justinchan

• Lesen P
Halo,i am wondering whether the Big bike prices will come down soon ?

In view of-1) Economy down turn(may be crisis soon)and
               2) 2nd hand Car prices drop tremendously.(like 2nd hand 
                   Kembara year 2001,can get at rm 17k)

I sold my vulcan 500 last year for rm 7k+,but currently 2nd hand vulcan prices shoot up to >10k in 1 year time. WHY ???I still remember after Economy crisis year 1997,the bikes prices dropped !!!
got Vulcan 800 classic even sold at rm16k only during year 1999,so cheap!
Unfortunately i got no money to buy that time !!! Too bad !!!

Compare to buy 2nd hand Big Bikes and 2nd hand Used Car, i feel car is more worth to buy compare to bike !!! Just that the Dream of bikers, is burning inside the heart and because of limited Big bikes available compare to car,keep the bikes prices high !!! I have been to Hong Kong before,the Big bikes prices come down every year as the bikes grow older "BUT" Malaysia Big Bikes > 10 years, prices maintain !!! Why ???

-May be too much money chasing for the Big Bikes now ?
 It show Economy still good or sign of Economy will come down soon ???

-I am not dare to buy Big bike now,coz most of the 2nd hand bikes 
 NAIK Harga liao !!! Of course i worried about Economy Crisis too !!!   
 But i am waiting......................for the right time for the right bike!!!

-What ur opinions ???

« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 10:34:29 AM by justinchan »

Offline 94VFR750fs

• Lesen P
Re: Whether Bike prices will coming down soon ??? And Why Why Why ???
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 02:45:41 PM »
my 2 kupang opinion..

motorbike are in highly demand for fuel savings..

plus the goverment think that big bikes are luxurios..even my 750cc bike road tax cost the same with 2.0L car..

fyi, malaysia's bike price are the most expansive in the world..

how?? ??? ???

Offline firenza

• Lesen B Full
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 04:32:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

fyi, malaysia's bike price are the most expansive in the world..

how?? ??? ???

He..he...by the time someone high up read this,  maybe they will do some research and found out that, some obscure, third or fourth rate countries, (that we never heard off/definetly living below our standard)  say, Somalia or some such Banana Republic in Central American or Carribean or in South Pacific...got higher tax then us.....

The the media will to town for weeks if not months proclaiming..."We are not the highest....XXXXXXX country vehicular tax is higher then us...... ;D ;D ;D

Offline 94VFR750fs

• Lesen P
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 05:59:15 PM »
what are the odd of people in the third or fourth world countries even use big bikes.. ??? ???

haiya...nowadays it's such a norm for people to use bike. now matter how small or big the cc is..

how come even brand new 250cc bike cost around 20k? check other countries...

Offline beluga

• Lesen P
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 09:02:39 AM »
our gov demand for $$ , hehe ;D

Offline brianken250

• Baru Daftar
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 06:41:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I sold my vulcan 500 last year for rm 7k+,but currently 2nd hand vulcan prices shoot up to >10k in 1 year time. WHY ???

I still remember after Economy crisis year 1997,the bikes prices dropped !!!
got Vulcan 800 classic even sold at rm16k only during year 1999,so cheap!
Unfortunately i got no money to buy that time !!! Too bad !!!

Compare to buy 2nd hand Big Bikes and 2nd hand Used Car, i feel car is more worth to buy compare to bike !!! Just that the Dream of bikers, is burning inside the heart and because of limited Big bikes available compare to car,keep the bikes prices high !!! I have been to Hong Kong before,the Big bikes prices come down every year as the bikes grow older "BUT" Malaysia Big Bikes > 10 years, prices maintain !!! Why ???

Yup your right bro, i have been helping people tread bikes big and small those days, vulcan 800 classic was around rm16 - 18k at that period. and vulcan vn500 was price at rm5-7k neg & ducati monster 600 or something... was around rm18k, kw D,J modal was around rm14-17 as well those were ranging from 750-1100cc was cheap then. bike value is rate by reliability ex: spare parts, durability(long lasting), popularity, old classic and modern. an old classic bike honda charlie 60cc cost rm5k, same as an mini clubman 1000cc cash 5k. 

Bike road tax is expensive as well as the insurance. A 250cc bike insurance for a year is rm140 a year. compare to kancil 650 - 880 kelisa 1000cc rm30 only.

its bcs malaysian gov rate bikes about 250cc as luxury class compare to kapcai which road tax is only rm2. why? is bcs malaysian rate people by classification people "rich" that can afford big bikes pay More. those that ride kapcai "poorer" pay less. thats why sad that we bro bikers have to bare the cost.

Base on my experience, sometimes u can find bike kw kawasaki 750 selling for rm9k. people will think wow so cheap its the same price as the kawasaki 250 rm8-11k is it possible? yes it is providing most of the parts on the bike is spoil and need replacement parts r expensive according to the range and cc of the bike. 

well about the right time? there is not right timing is base mostly on ur luck

bad ex: u go to the bike shop name xxxxx finding for a CBR 900rr their selling for about 18-22k they say is in tip top condition, satisfy with the bike outer look (casing) when u start the bike its perfect! sounds perfect! their condition 1 month warn..ty after a few month u will notice bike having problem starting, valve rosak fix it then starter relay rosak fix it rectifier rosak and that will cost u a bomb. everyday 1 problem after another.

good ex:your friends father having a back ache problem his riding kawa1100cc bike. doctor advice him no more riding plz drive. bcs if the condition he is willing to sell his bike to a trustworthy person at a good rate, market value is rm25k selling for rm18-20k. u know bcs he "maintain" the bike.

now days people sell their bike expensive bcs they fix their bikes to riding condition spending 2-4k on replacing parts.

Dont be frustrated, what kind of bikes u love to ride in? i mite able to give u some leads, if i come across any. i stop riding for about a year now, currently sending my bike for full servicing and overhaul. bike riding is in the blood! no matter how long we stop the feeling and craving is alway there "live to Ride" lol sorry if i say anything wrong plz correct me, cant wait to ride soon ^_^

Cheers
Brian

Offline bigbug

• Lesen P
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 11:02:05 AM »
I long to see the day when the price of a Ninja (250 at least), will match the price of my cub bike.  :D ;D :'(
Girls are like phones. They love to be held, talked to, but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected or put on hold!

Men are like bank accounts. Without a lot of money they don't generate a lot of interest.

Offline justinchan

• Lesen P
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 10:01:19 AM »
Halo again,

Thanks Brian for the explaination. I understand that !

What i concern is the Big Bikes(New/Used)prices keep on high even Global Economy might slow down !!!
It show Too much of Money chase after the Big Bikes !!!

If u study economic, u should know when Too much Money chase after a Goods(Things like Car,Bikes)
,u must be careful !!! It showed Inflation !!!

It is not a good sign for Economy !!!
Economy might come down soon !!! So U must BE Prepare !!!

I got a smart friend,he bought a vulcan 500,2 years ago for rm 6900 just sold his bike for rm 9500 recently.
Earning Money and free Bike usaga for 2 years !!!!

Because Too much Money chase after Limited Bikes now,everyone is chase after the Big Bike with Plenty of Money !!! Of course the Big Bikes prices gone up !!! Even 2nd hand Big Bikes prices shoot up !!!Limited Supply of but  High demand for Big Bikes ma !!!
How if the Economy crash and LOST OF JOB ???
Result is u have to/force to sell the Lovely bike(even u are not willing to sell with low price),to feed ur stomach first !!!
If you are the Sole Breadwinner of the family, DUN forget there are a lots of mouths and stomach(Your family and children) waiting for u to feed them !!!
As a Seller,
It is time to sell ur Big Bikes NOW !!! For a good price and Be Prepare for Economy Crisis !!!
That why i have seen some sensitive seller selling his Bikes now with quite High Prices !!!

As a Buyer,
U got to wait(may be 1-2 years)!!! It is not the right time now to buy a Big Bike now !!!
The Big Bikes price eventually might ...................Dropped ???

My Bikes preferences is Yamaha Royal Star(2nd hand) !!!
The cheapest i have seen is rm30k few years back !!! But now around rm45-48k !!! So much difference !!!
How to buy ???

Just my personal opinion.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 10:41:43 AM by justinchan »

Offline kromme1200

• Lesen P
    • Kromme MC
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 10:17:13 AM »
Bike prices are not gonna go down....dont count on it....as long as we have a greedy goverment....it will be always high...so good luck on that ;D

Offline firebladedave

• Lesen B2
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 10:46:40 AM »
the tax follows the bike down the market, theres 2 ways for the price to drop, either the gov drops the punitive taxes,(then everyone who owns a bigger bike will scream about resale) or more likly, the malaysian economy goes very very bad, then those with cash MAY pick up a bargain from some poor guy whose gota choose between food on the table or his iron horse.....this is happening right now in the states with midlife crises buyers who used property equity to buy into the bike scene choosing between their house and the hog in the garage.

Offline firenza

• Lesen B Full
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 02:21:30 PM »
The second scenario is scary man... if i need to choose between food on the table n mr iron horse.....i'll keep my iron horse and "FAST" till the economy improve.. ;D ;D

or i may get a second job, flipping burger maybe ,to support my iron horse.... ;D ;D

Yeah, but seriously....in a bad situation, people with cash will be the one with real bargaining power.After all cash is king....

Offline 94VFR750fs

• Lesen P
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 01:08:09 PM »
does anyone know what ARE the taxes that d  msian gov put on big bikes??  ??? ???

Offline firebladedave

• Lesen B2
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 01:12:51 PM »
last time i checked on a RR honda i think it was 120%

Offline firenza

• Lesen B Full
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 01:32:04 PM »
120%.. :o :o >:( :( :'(

Surely we are the most heavily taxed country in the world when it comes to all the things automotively....

We are so deprived.... :'(

Offline 94VFR750fs

• Lesen P
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 02:30:54 PM »
waa..that much ehh??

no wonder it's damn hard to get my vfr vtec.. ;D ;D

Offline kromme1200

• Lesen P
    • Kromme MC
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 03:18:23 PM »
if u look around the world....the only countries that have transport tax highest is also the same countries that have the highest corruption rate.....

Offline 94VFR750fs

• Lesen P
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 03:30:25 PM »
hahaha..truth said

bike nowadays are a major vehicles in msia if not in the world (correct me if im wrong)
why la d gov imposed so much taxes that burden people with a passion for bikes?? or at least to save our household spending.. ;D ;D

is there ANYTHING that we can do to reduce it such as petition etc?? ??? ???

Offline kromme1200

• Lesen P
    • Kromme MC
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 08:27:40 AM »
              There is a thread started by me last year about why and how the prices are crazy here when the goverment is suppose to be working towards safety and the well being of the citizens.....instead of promoting bikes that have good brakes and handling ( meaning safer, bigger bikes ) we have crappy bikes with drum brakes and cheap suspension....which btw costs as much as some used 500cc bikes in developed countries....so much for our concerned Goverment and their excuses.
               I applied for my bike and car license in US...went over to the Department Of Motor Vehicles, at 10 am....by 12pm....i was out with my car and motorcycle license. 2 hours...no hassle nothing.....No BS to pay this, stamp that, duty this and stand in line for ever and wait. So I wonder....with such a simple system, why are the drivers over there more diciplined. There is no traffic jam everytime the traffic lites breakdown, people stop at stop signs...so who is actually benefiting from all those hassle and taxes that we are imposed in our daily lives? Bros everyone here in Malaysia knows the answer. Our Big G's Philosophy "Ask not what the country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" which translate to....we use you....you pay us.

Offline schackster

• Lesen P
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 09:58:52 AM »
Well said  :D

Offline 94VFR750fs

• Lesen P
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 10:07:29 AM »
very well said bro kromme..

i guess we just have to live with it eh?? when la our gov will change their philosophy... ??? ??? ???